⛵ A guide to charter a yacht in Martinique
As part of Antilles, the island of Martinique is located in the Caribbean Sea. Island offers not only beaches with white and black sand but also hidden bays, caves, coral reefs ideal for snorkeling, diving and with enough of wind, it can be a paradise for water sports enthusiasts.
For Martinique, we offer more than 145 charter yachts for rent, including some of the best catamarans and sailing yachts available in the market. Our yachts are all located in the very well-equipped Marina du Marin. The city of Le Marin is also one of the main starting points for a sailing holiday around Martinique.
The tropical climate is typical for Martinique with two periods - dry and cool season from January to April, and humid and hot lasting from June to November. Remember that hurricane season starts in June and lasts until the end of the humid period - November. Rainfall varies but in general, it is more frequent from May to November, least frequent from December to April. The average temperature throughout the year is 23-29°C. We recommended an ideal time for sailing from February to April. During these months is weather less rainy and waters are calmer.
⛵ Top sailing destinations in Martinique
A trip around Martinique can offer sailors the best of the best from the Caribbean exotics - abandoned white beaches, unique coral reefs, and diverse wildlife. Grand Anse D’Arlet is heaven and one of the most popular locations for those who love swimming or snorkeling. You can see there a typical Carribean underwater fauna and flora, different types of fish, sea urchins, turtles and many more. Saint-Pierre has a nickname "the Pearl of West Indies". With majestic volcanic Mount Pelée in the background, it offers not history from the colonial era but also underwater shipwrecked boats, ideal for adventurous scuba divers.
Marina Pointe du Bout is ideal for people who love great nightlife. The multitude of bars and restaurants in the marina is ideal for crazy party night. Three kilometers off the south coast of Martinique lays part of the history from Napoleonic wars - the Diamond Rock. Today it marks one of the island's best dive sites. Nearby town of Le Diamant offers much about the history of the rock and town itself.
⛵ How to get there
Martinique Aimé Césaire International Airport is located in Le Lamentin, a suburb of the capital Fort-de-France. The best fly connection with Europe is from France (Paris, Nantes or Toulouse) or Germany (Frankfurt). For passengers traveling from the USA, the best connection is from Miami Airport.
The most convenient means of transportation from the capital city of Fort-de-France to Le Marin is by bus which costs 2€ and takes approximately 50 minutes. The quickest way is by taxi which costs 30€ - 45€ and takes 29 min (depending on traffic).
- The official language in Martinique is French. English is not common and you may find it difficult to find someone who speaks in English
- Typical power plugs and sockets in Martinique are of type C, D, and E
- Extra tipping is not required, all restaurants include the 15% service charge
- As Martinique is officially part of France EU (and Schengen agreement), USA and Canada citizens do not need a visa if not staying longer than 3 months
Martinique - Most popular charter yachts
Search yachts on map
Martinique - Most popular charter companies
Dream Yacht Charter - Caribbean
The Moorings - Caribbean
Angelina Yacht Charter
Dream Yacht Charter - Croatia
Sunsail - Caribbean
Dream Yacht Charter - France
Navigare Yachting - Croatia
- Jun 26, 2020Perfect comunication and customer…Perfect comunication and customer service. Thanxcustomer
- Jun 18, 2020Excellent serviceExcellent service, kind, and flexible.customer
- Jun 18, 2020Excellent serviceExcellent service, extremely fast, kind and professional. Have been with these f...Bobo
- Jun 16, 2020The booking until now was quick and…The booking until now was quick and smooth with perfect service. They even calle...Chris
- Jun 15, 2020Fast and competent reply and bookingFast and competent reply and bookingMartin St.
- Jun 9, 2020Great serviceGreat servicecustomer
- Jun 9, 2020Fast serviceFast service, nice people :)Stefan Bergendi
- Jun 8, 2020Very easy to use website interface and excellent customer serviceVery easy to use website interface. Had some technical payment issues from my si...Laurens
- Jun 8, 2020Great company with professional staffGreat company with professional staff. They are available almost 24/7. I highly ...customer
- Jun 7, 2020My TOP partner for yacht bookingBest yacht booking experience ever. Quick response, clear conditions. If they ca...Marek
- May 29, 2020GreatQuick response, lots of choices, useful presentation, nice people. Thank you boa...Petros (Greece)
- May 28, 2020Amazing company with great supportive…Amazing company with great supportive staff. Best prices, best boats, stop wasti...Daniel Ferencik
- May 23, 2020Perfect service from ReginaPerfect service from Regina Thanks a lot :)Thomas Claussen
- May 20, 2020Exceptional customer service.Exceptional customer service. Proactive and very helpfulcustomer
- May 14, 2020Good information on boats and quick responesGood information on boats and availability and prompt response upon reservation.customer
- May 14, 2020Wonderful HolidayExcellent services :)Herr Fillmann
- May 8, 2020a very friendly solution-oriented teama very friendly solution-oriented teamcustomer
- May 4, 2020A great website and a greatI have been a return customer for several years now. Jana and her team are alway...Joe Andrews
- Apr 20, 2020Fantastic price!!!Fantastic price!!!Mark
- Apr 20, 2020Reservation process was very smooth and…Reservation process was very smooth and everything by now was ok.Frano
- Apr 15, 2020The best booking I have experiencedI was looking for a sailing boat in Athens on short notice (3 weeks ahead), back...Peter
- Apr 15, 2020Very good communicationVery good communication, also in crazy situations, and very nice persons. Thank ...customer
- Mar 13, 2020This is a great serviceThis is a great service! I have booked the boat from here for ages. Everything ...Földvári
- Mar 6, 2020All greatAll great! Thumb up!customer
- Mar 2, 2020Great service in sourcing a suitable boatI was very precise with my boat specification for a Croatia bareboat charter thi...Antony
- Feb 27, 2020Very good and kind contact.Very good and kind contact. Had to cancel a reservation, was absolutly no proble...Stephan
- Feb 27, 2020quick actionquick action, free cancellationcustomer
- Feb 25, 2020Super good customer service and by far…Super good customer service and by far the best price . They also included alot ...krissie dempsey