How our online booking service works?
Quick answers to the most common questions
What is a transit log?
A transit log is a small fee charged by the charter company that includes final cleaning, gas for cooking and depending on your destination also bed linen.
What sailing licence do I need?
Please always check the license needed for the yacht you would like to rent. You can find this information on the online boat profile. If you are not sure, feel free to contact us.
What if I want to pick up my yacht earlier than the charter company offers?
Many boat owners offer early check-in at an additional fee. You can find this information on the boat profile. The early check-ins usually have limited availability, so please let us know in advance to book your slot.
What is a security deposit or deposit insurance?
Similar to car rental, when chartering a boat you will be asked to leave a refundable deposit (in many cases it is possible to block the deposit fee from your credit card). This deposit will be refunded if the boat is returned without damage. Alternatively, many charter companies offer deposit insurance, which lowers or eliminate the amount of refundable deposit.
How do I pay for my booking?
Boataround offers a secure payment using a credit card. You can also pay by bank transfer or any local payment method available in your country. If these do not suit, please let us know.
I need a skipper
You can rent your sailing holiday with a professional skipper on board. Their service is usually paid extra with the price listed among the extra fees on each boat profile.
Sailing with pets is possible for an additional fee. This information is displayed on the boat profiles. Please let us know if you plan to take your pet on board.
Latest updates regarding COVID-19
Dear Sailor and Friends,
We hope that you and your families are fine.
Today we are all facing the imposed travel restrictions which came unexpected as a force majeure.
We communicate daily with the boat owners in the concerned areas to get the latest updates for our customers and we hope that the situation will improve soon.
Meantime, we would like to inform you what happens with your existing reservation?
Reschedule for later
During the current Covid-19 situation and till the further notice, you can reschedule your reservation for any later available term with the same boat provider. With some boat providers, you can book a different location as well. Your paid deposit will be moved to the new booking. If the price for different term exceeds the original dates, the difference needs to be paid. The price difference for cheaper terms will not be refunded.
Reschedule with open dates
The second option is that you get the voucher issued on the amount that you have already paid. This voucher will be valid for your future reservation with the same boat owner during the season of 2020 or even 2021.
We are here for your support
We are here and always ready to help with all the necessary communication and facilitate the rescheduling of reservation at your convenience. We are deeply sorry but in this Force majeure situation, the money refund claims can not be accepted. This also applies for Boataround guarantee program.
We wish you a lot of strength and health in next weeks!
- 30 Nov 2020fast comuinicationfast comuinicationPeter B
- 29 Nov 2020All is perfect.All is perfect.customer
- 24 Nov 2020Good customer serviceGood customer service! I used Boataround for the first time and I will use it ...customer
- 22 Nov 2020Very competent and friendly serviceVery competent and friendly serviceLeszek Domański
- 22 Nov 2020Very easyVery easy, very fast, if the boat is as you work, than you have won a new custom...customer
- 18 Nov 2020Excellent serviceExcellent service, quick and reliable.PeterP
- 17 Nov 2020Excellent companyI am very pleased of the communication with this company. Friendliness, prompt m...Oleg
- 12 Nov 2020Quick answers and very adaptive and…Quick answers and very adaptive and responsice to requests and needs.Don
- 11 Nov 2020nice and service-minded staffnice and service-minded staff. you get a quick response when you make an inquiryJanne
- 11 Nov 2020Great service in difficult Covid…Great service in difficult Covid conditions and ability to postpone trip to next...Martin M
- 5 Nov 2020bester Servicebester Servicecustomer Harald
- 3 Nov 2020Very fast response and great offermy experience with boataround was just great. Very professional working, very fa...customer
- 30 Oct 2020Helpful and efficientHelpful and efficientGeoff Cave
- 27 Oct 2020Thank you very much for your great…Thank you very much for your great support in swift re-arrangement of booking da...customer
- 19 Oct 2020Great relationship with…Great relationship with operator.Perfect deal with problems. Give me “five”!!! T...Mevsha Valentyn
- 17 Oct 2020Top Service even for charter out of regular weekWe chartered the boat in Portarosa Sicily only few days before with starting on ...Mr Jürg Bratschi
- 13 Oct 2020Easy bookingEasy booking, German support. Nice!Nicolas Hefke
- 7 Oct 2020Quick friendly and helpful treatmentQuick friendly and helpful treatmentThomas
- 29 Sep 2020Excellent ServiceWe perform 2 sailing trips every year, either monohull or catamarans. For the la...Peter M.
- 25 Sep 2020Good companyGood company! Wonderful charter. Thanks to Andrey)customer
- 21 Sep 2020I am satisfied :))Good contact, competent service. Despite objective difficulties (the need to cha...Cezar
- 17 Sep 2020A large selection of boats at great…A large selection of boats at great prices with a responsive customer services t...Archie Hardyment
- 17 Sep 2020Booking a boat is very easy and…Booking a boat is very easy and convenient. The price is very good and we are al...customer
- 16 Sep 2020Outstanding customer supportOutstanding customer support and service. We had to cancel our booking because o...customer
- 12 Sep 2020Booked yacht in Greece in January 2020…Booked yacht in Greece in January 2020 through Boataround. Then Covid arrived an...James
- 10 Sep 2020Great service !Great service !customer
- 9 Sep 2020Great serviceGreat service, Petra did a lot for us ! Thank you very much. We come back next Y...Kees Van duin
- 4 Sep 2020Great customer serviceGreat customer service, quick reactionMatt