How our online booking service works?
Quick answers to the most common questions
What is a transit log?
A transit log is a small fee charged by the charter company that includes final cleaning, gas for cooking, and bed linen depending on your destination.
What sailing licence do I need?
Please always check the license needed for the yacht you would like to rent. You can find this information on the online boat profile. If you are not sure, feel free to contact us.
What if I want to pick up my yacht earlier than the charter company offers?
Many boat owners offer early check-in at an additional fee. You can find this information on the boat profile. The early check-ins usually have limited availability, so please let us know in advance to book your slot.
What is a security deposit or deposit insurance?
Similar to car rental, when chartering a boat you will be asked to leave a refundable deposit (in many cases it is possible to block the deposit fee from your credit card). This deposit will be refunded if the boat is returned without damage. Alternatively, many charter companies offer deposit insurance, which lowers or eliminate the amount of refundable deposit.
How do I pay for my booking?
Boataround offers a secure payment using a credit card. You can also pay by bank transfer or any local payment method available in your country. If these do not suit, please let us know.
I need a skipper
You can rent your sailing holiday with a professional skipper on board. Their service is usually paid extra with the price listed among the extra fees on each boat profile.
Sailing with pets is possible for an additional fee. This information is displayed on the boat profiles. Please let us know if you plan to take your pet on board.
What is boat rental cancellation insurance?
Cancellation insurance covers cases in which you suddenly must cancel your trip or rental of the boat itself.
It covers accidental events related to travel and the occurrence of COVID-19.
The cancellation insurance enables you and your crew member to cancel the reservation due to serious medical reasons, COVID-19, personal preventive quarantine, or failing to meet the health conditions for travel from their homeland (airport check, boarding a means of transport, crossing a national border, etc.).
The insurance also covers other verifiable severe reasons.
Who is insured?
You and the people travelling with you that are included in the crew list.
What is insured?
- medical problems of travellers, incl. COVID-19
- personal preventive quarantine, failure to meet the health conditions for travel
- cancellation of the boat captain due to claimable reasons
What is not insured?
- deliberate action
- chronic illnesses
- alcohol, narcotic, or psychotropic substances abuse
- mental disorders or mental illnesses
- travels to war zones
- force majeure and other inadvertent events
- smart quarantine
- widespread intervention by state power or public administration
- boat rental cancellation due to cancellation of the captain contracted by the charter company or Boataround
Where am I covered?
Anywhere, the insurance policy is not geographically restricted.
When and how do I buy the cancellation insurance?
You can buy the insurance directly on our web when booking the boat or after the booking up to 3 business days after the reservation.
In case of last-minute booking, i.e. booking less than 15 days before the departure, you have to buy the trip cancellation insurance on the day this payment is made.
When does the insurance starts and ends?
Cancellation insurance starts with the payment and is valid until the boat pick-up.
The insurance ends by the expiration of the agreed insurance period.
Where do I find the complete information about the insurance?
- 22 May 2022Great websiteGreat website. Great service.customer
- 21 May 2022Simple and EasySimple, and easyM.S.
- 20 May 2022Just ExcellentJust Excellentcustomer
- 19 May 2022Excelent crew to sail with around the…Excelent crew to sail with around the world :)Dan Ghita
- 17 May 2022Overall experienceI have been happy to rent boats from the web site, Michal was very Instrument an...Murat
- 17 May 2022An excellent experienceAn excellent experience. Petra an excellent agent. Very prompt and a good profes...Mihai
- 17 May 2022Great organizationGreat organization. Thanks a lot!Oliver
- 17 May 2022EasyGood information on the website, good follow-up, and at the end the place where ...customer
- 14 May 2022perfect!perfect! A great thank to Dejana!customer
- 13 May 2022Great booking experienceGreat booking experience, I found the same boat slightly cheaper elsewhere and t...Kamen Staykov
- 11 May 2022Great selection of boatsGreat selection of boats! Excellent communications. I had a problem but was solv...NicolaeRazvan Atimariti
- 6 May 2022Petra Adamekova - Boataround - thumbs upI am pleased to give Petra Adamekova my highest recommendations on Trustpilot (d...Niels
- 6 May 2022One and only place to book boatsOne and only place to book boats! Great service, amazing boats and outstanding c...AR
- 5 May 2022Excellent service with a human touchExcellent service with a human touch. Jana was a star! Having placed a deposit...Chris
- 5 May 2022Very correct communicationVery correct communication. Helpful and reminding of deadlines.Rimmert
- 28 Apr 2022Very helpful and user friendly service!Very helpful and user friendly service! Thanks!customer