How we work
How our online booking service works?
Quick answers to the most common questions
What is a transit log?
A transit log is a small fee charged by the charter company that includes final cleaning, gas for cooking, and bed linen depending on your destination.
What sailing licence do I need?
Please always check the licence needed for the yacht you would like to rent. You can find this information on the online boat profile. If you are not sure, feel free to contact us.
What if I want to pick up my yacht earlier than the charter company offers?
Many boat owners offer early check-in at an additional fee. You can find this information on the boat profile. The early check-ins usually have limited availability, so please let us know in advance to book your slot.
What is a security deposit or deposit insurance?
Similar to car rental, when chartering a boat you will be asked to leave a refundable deposit (in many cases it is possible to block the deposit fee from your credit card). This deposit will be refunded if the boat is returned without damage. Alternatively, many charter companies offer deposit insurance, which lowers or eliminates the amount of refundable deposit.
How do I pay for my booking?
Boataround offers a secure payment using a credit card. You can also pay by bank transfer or any local payment method available in your country. If these do not suit, please let us know.
I need a skipper
You can rent your sailing holiday with a professional skipper on board. Their service is usually paid extra with the price listed among the extra fees on each boat profile. Additionally, please note that your skipper will need to sleep in one of the cabins and the skipper's food is not included in the price.
Sailing with pets is possible for an additional fee. This information is displayed on the boat profiles. Please let us know if you plan to take your pet on board.
Deposit Insurance for Chartered Yachts
A sail breaks, the screw falls to the ground or your yacht gets a few scratches during your holiday trip. For such unforeseen events charter companies typically charge a nominal fee (deposit) which is payable in the event of damage occurring. If the charter company finds damage upon returning the yacht or boat, they will partly or fully retain the deposit. Protect yourself with our deposit insurance to avoid similar unpleasant surprises and have a carefree sailing holiday!
What is insured?
- Partial or total retention of the deposit agreed upon in the charter contract for damages that occur during the charter trip, as a result of loss or culpable damage to the chartered yacht, caused by the policyholder or their crew.
- In the event of loss of or damage to the engine, gearbox, battery, alternator and starter, the compensation will be paid if caused by ship collision, sinking, fire, lightning, explosion, earthquake, seaquake, volcanic eruption or other natural disasters, theft or robbery.
What is not insured?
- Risks against which the items are insured by the lessor and against which no deductible has been agreed upon in the contract.
- Deliberately caused damage.
- Damage caused by inadequate manning, defective equipment, or by the insured vehicle not being in a seaworthy or roadworthy condition.
- Damage due to construction, manufacturing, or material defects.
- Damage caused by machining, normal weather conditions, rust, oxidation, corrosion, cavitation, osmosis, aging, wear, rot, vermin, rats, mice, and the like.
Where am I covered?
This insurance product is applicable worldwide, but for cruise-related insurance policies only for the charter trip specified in the application and insurance policy.
When and how do I buy the cancellation insurance?
You can buy the insurance directly on our website when booking the boat or after the booking until the starting day of your trip.
When does the insurance start and end?
The insurance is valid throughout your trip, i.e. it begins with the start and ends at the end of your booked charter trip. Please note that the insurance coverage cannot begin until the premium has been paid in full.
Where do I find the full information about the insurance?
What is Flexible Cancellation?
Flexible cancellation covers cases where you suddenly must cancel your trip or boat rental. In addition, it covers any additional services paid (such as deposit insurance), any travel-related accidents, and the occurrence of COVID-19.
With Flexible Cancellation, you can cancel the reservation in case of serious medical problems, COVID-19, personal quarantines, or if you fail to meet the health requirements to travel from your homeland.
Who is covered by Flexible Cancellation?
With Flexible Cancellation, both the person who makes the booking and the skipper are protected.
What is covered by Flexible Cancellation?
- Medical problems of traveller, including COVID-19
- Personal preventive quarantine, failure to meet the health conditions for travel
- Death (Co-participation 0%)
- Cancellation of the boat captain due to claimable reasons (hospitalisation)
What is not covered by Flexible Cancellation?
- Deliberate action
- Chronic illnesses
- Abuse of alcohol, narcotics, or psychotropic substances
- Mental disorders or mental illnesses
- War zone travel
- Incidents caused by force majeure or other inadvertent circumstances
- Widespread intervention by state power or public administration
- Boat rental cancellation due to cancellation of the skipper contracted by the charter company or Boataround
Where am I covered?
Anywhere, the Flexible cancellation is not geographically restricted.
When and how do I buy the Flexible Cancellation?
You can buy the Flexible Cancellation directly on our website when booking the boat or after the booking up to 3 business days after the reservation.
Last-minute bookings, i.e. bookings made less than 15 days before departure, require the Flexible Cancellation to be purchased the same day as the payment.
When does the coverage of Flexible Cancellation start and end?
A flexible cancellation period starts with the payment and ends with the boat pick-up.
How much does the Flexible Cancellation cost?
Flexible Cancellation is 8% of the total price.
What is the co-participation for a Flexible Cancellation claim?
The co-participation is 20% of the total price.
What should I do in the event of a Flexible Cancellation claim?
If you cannot attend the cruise and it is no longer feasible, contact us immediately by phone, email or live chat. Our sailing assistant will work with you to find a satisfactory solution.
- 30 Jan 2023The best site for renting boatsEase and simplicity in renting the boat. Friendly interface of the site.Victor
- 30 Jan 2023Quick response on phone and mailQuick response on phone and mail. No hidden chargesHenning
- 30 Jan 2023Smooth booking as always ;)Smooth booking as always ;)Martin N.
- 28 Jan 2023nicenice, efficient & good pricesCyprien Fabre
- 28 Jan 2023The best boat charter company to useGreat booking experience with Boataround. Had initially used a competitor who f...Michael T
- 27 Jan 2023Great serviceGreat service, always best prices on the market.customer
- 26 Jan 2023Great experience as alwaysBoataround is always reachable and helpful company cooperating just with the ver...Oliver
- 23 Jan 2023Sebastiano Cracco would deserve 7 stars!Sebastiano Cracco would deserve 7 stars!customer
- 23 Jan 2023Wery helpful staffWery helpful staff and quick reply to questions.Dick L
- 22 Jan 2023best pricenice service, good prices!Julia Scheumann Buchser
- 20 Jan 2023Great Job !Very serious, very friendly,Captain Hook
- 10 Jan 2023I used boataround the 4th consecutive…I used boataround the 4th consecutive year to do our annual charter. As far as I...customer
- 10 Jan 2023Quick response timesQuick response times, very friendly and competent staff.Norbert
- 10 Jan 2023Excellent Service - you talk to real peopleExcellent, personal support provided by "real" agents, despite the high level of...Andrea
- 9 Jan 2023Friendly staff/serviceFast and really friendly staff/service. Perfect! Every request was answered imme...RW
- 9 Jan 2023Very good serviceVery good serviceDanuta Grzybowska