How we work
How our online booking service works
Quick answers to the most common questions
What is a transit log?
A transit log is a small fee charged by the charter company that includes final cleaning, gas for cooking and depending on your destination also bed linen.
What sailing license do I need?
Please always check the license needed for the yacht you would like to rent. You can find this information on the online boat profile. If you are not sure, feel free to contact us.
What if I want to pick up my yacht earlier than the charter company offers?
Many boat owners offer early check-in at an additional fee. You can find this information on the boat profile. The early check-ins usually have limited availability, so please let us know in advance to book your slot.
What is a security deposit or deposit insurance?
Similar to car rental, when chartering a boat you will be asked to leave a refundable deposit (in many cases it is possible to block the deposit fee from your credit card). This deposit will be refunded if the boat is returned without damage. Alternatively, many charter companies offer deposit insurance, which lowers or eliminates the amount of refundable deposit.
How do I pay for my booking?
Boataround offers a secure payment using a credit card. You can also pay by bank transfer or any local payment method available in your country. If these do not suit, please let us know.
I need a skipper
You can rent your sailing holiday with a professional skipper on board. Their service is usually paid extra with the price listed among the extra fees on each boat profile. Additionally, please note that your skipper will need to sleep in one of the cabins and the skipper's food is not included in the price.
Sailing with pets is possible for an additional fee. This information is displayed on the boat profiles. Please let us know if you plan to take your pet on board.
Deposit Insurance for Chartered Yachts
A sail breaks, a toilet clogs, or your yacht gets a few scratches during your vacation. For such unforeseen events, charter companies typically charge a nominal fee (deposit) which is payable in the event of damage occurring. In the event that the charter company finds damage when returning the yacht or boat, they may retain part or all of the deposit.
Avoid similar unpleasant surprises with our deposit insurance and enjoy a carefree sailing vacation!
What is covered by insurance?
- A partial or total retention of the deposit agreed upon in the charter contract for damages that occur during the charter trip due to loss or culpable damage to the chartered yacht caused by the policyholder or their crew.
- Damage to the engine, gearbox, battery, alternator, and starter resulting from collision, sinking, fire, lightning, explosion, earthquake, seaquake, volcanic eruption, theft, or robbery will be compensated.
What is not covered by insurance?
- Risks against which the items are insured by the lessor and against which no deductible has been agreed upon in the contract.
- Deliberately caused damage.
- Damage caused by inadequate manning, defective equipment, or by the insured vehicle not being in a seaworthy or roadworthy condition.
- Damage due to construction, manufacturing, or material defects.
- Damage caused by machining, normal weather conditions, rust, oxidation, corrosion, cavitation, osmosis, aging, wear, rot, vermin, rats, mice, and the like.
Where am I covered?
This insurance product is applicable worldwide, but for cruise-related insurance policies only for the charter trip specified in the application and insurance policy.
When and how do I buy the deposit insurance?
You can buy the insurance directly on our website when booking the boat or after the booking until the starting day of your trip.
When does the insurance start and end?
The insurance is valid throughout your trip, i.e. it begins at the start and ends at the end of your booked charter trip. Please note that the insurance coverage can start once the premium has been paid in full.
Where do I find the complete information about the insurance?
What is Flexible Cancellation?
Flexible cancellation covers cases where you suddenly must cancel your trip or boat rental. In addition, it covers any additional services paid (such as deposit insurance), any travel-related accidents, and the occurrence of COVID-19.
With Flexible Cancellation, you can cancel the reservation in case of serious medical problems, COVID-19, personal quarantines, or if you fail to meet the health requirements to travel from your homeland.
Who is covered by Flexible Cancellation?
With Flexible Cancellation, both the person who makes the booking and the skipper are protected.
What is covered by Flexible Cancellation?
- Medical problems of traveller, including COVID-19
- Personal preventive quarantine, failure to meet the health conditions for travel
- Death (Co-participation 0%)
- Cancellation of the boat captain due to claimable reasons (hospitalisation)
What is not covered by Flexible Cancellation?
- Deliberate action
- Chronic illnesses
- Abuse of alcohol, narcotics, or psychotropic substances
- Mental disorders or mental illnesses
- War zone travel
- Incidents caused by force majeure or other inadvertent circumstances
- Widespread intervention by state power or public administration
- Boat rental cancellation due to cancellation of the skipper contracted by the charter company or Boataround
Where am I covered?
Anywhere, the Flexible cancellation is not geographically restricted.
When and how do I buy the Flexible Cancellation?
You can buy the Flexible Cancellation directly on our website when booking the boat or after the booking up to 3 business days after the reservation.
Last-minute bookings, i.e. bookings made less than 15 days before departure, require the Flexible Cancellation to be purchased the same day as the payment.
When does the coverage of Flexible Cancellation start and end?
A flexible cancellation period starts with the payment and ends with the boat pick-up.
How much does the Flexible Cancellation cost?
Flexible Cancellation is 8% of the total price.
What is the co-participation for a Flexible Cancellation claim?
The co-participation is 20% of the total price.
What should I do in the event of a Flexible Cancellation claim?
If you cannot attend the cruise and it is no longer feasible, contact us immediately by phone, email or live chat. Our sailing assistant will work with you to find a satisfactory solution.
- Sep 29, 2023Boataround is hell of a boat agencyBoataround is hell of a boat agency. Unbeatable prices, awesome service and per...Michal Bubernik
- Sep 29, 2023Perfect, everything smoothPerfect, everything well organized and prepared. I have the experience with book...Lukas
- Sep 28, 2023how to book a yacht charter easilyvery precise and straightforward easy to deal withMr Buchanan
- Sep 25, 2023Very friendly and helpful contactVery friendly and helpful contact, all open question where answered immediatelyPhilip
- Sep 23, 2023Best price found for boat on all portalsBest price found for boat on all charter portals, even lower than on boat owner ...Marc
- Sep 20, 2023Booking in the BahamasI was contacted by Boataround within minutes of making a booking.Damian suggeste...Richard
- Sep 19, 2023Super fast answersSuper fast answers, super serviceKonrad M.
- Sep 11, 2023ExcellentI don't remember ever receiving such genuine and amazing support. Alexandra Psar...Despoina Knithaki
- Sep 7, 2023Exceptional Boat Rental ExperienceThe booking process was smooth and hassle-free. The staff at the rental agency w...Marcus
- Sep 5, 2023Staff of Boataround is always service…Staff of Boataround is always service mindedMarinus
- Sep 4, 2023the personal interaction within the…the personal interaction within the booking process with Melanie was outstanding...customer
- Aug 28, 2023Great value, fast responseFast response, good pricing, did as promised!Bas
- Aug 28, 2023Nice ServiceEasily reachable by telefone. Read my mails quickly and answered soon. Tried to ...customer
- Aug 25, 2023PerfectPerfect supportMichal
- Aug 18, 2023The best experience we’ve ever had!The best experience we’ve ever had! We had a birthday boy and they made a celeb...Teodora Stamboliiska
- Aug 16, 2023Alexandra is the bestWe made the booking with Alexandra Psarrou and she was great. She always respond...Tasos Ioannidis