How our online booking service works?
Quick answers to the most common questions
What is a transit log?
A transit log is a small fee charged by the charter company that includes final cleaning, gas for cooking and depending on your destination also bed linen.
What sailing licence do I need?
Please always check the license needed for the yacht you would like to rent. You can find this information on the online boat profile. If you are not sure, feel free to contact us.
What if I want to pickuup my yacht earlier than the charter company offers?
Many boat owners offer early check-in at an additional fee. You can find this information on the boat profile. The early check-ins usually have limited availability, so please let us know in advance to book your slot.
What is a security deposit or deposit insurance?
Similar to car rental, when chartering a boat you will be asked to leave a refundable deposit (in many cases it is possible to block the deposit fee from your credit card). This deposit will be refunded if the boat is returned without damage. Alternatively, many charter companies offer deposit insurance, which lowers or eliminate the amount of refundable deposit.
How do I pay for my booking?
Boataround offers a secure payment using a credit card. You can also pay by bank transfer or any local payment method available in your country. If these do not suit, please let us know.
I need a skipper
You can rent your sailing holiday with a professional skipper on board. Their service is usually paid extra with the price listed among the extra fees on each boat profile.
Sailing with pets is possible for an additional fee. This information is displayed on the boat profiles. Please let us know if you plan to take your pet on board.
Latest updates regarding COVID-19
Dear Sailor and Friends,
We hope that you and your families are fine.
Today we are all facing the imposed travel restrictions which came unexpected as a force majeure.
We communicate daily with the boat owners in the concerned areas to get the latest updates for our customers and we hope that the situation will improve soon.
Meantime, we would like to inform you what happens with your existing reservation?
Reschedule for later
During the current Covid-19 situation and till the further notice, you can reschedule your reservation for any later available term with the same boat provider. With some boat providers, you can book a different location as well. Your paid deposit will be moved to the new booking. If the price for different term exceeds the original dates, the difference needs to be paid. The price difference for cheaper terms will not be refunded.
Reschedule with open dates
The second option is that you get the voucher issued on the amount that you have already paid. This voucher will be valid for your future reservation with the same boat owner during the season of 2021.
We are here for your support
We are here and always ready to help with all the necessary communication and facilitate the rescheduling of reservation at your convenience. We are deeply sorry but in this Force majeure situation, the money refund claims can not be accepted. This also applies for Boataround guarantee program.
We wish you a lot of strength and health in next weeks!
- Sep 16, 2021I do not need look up anywhere else…I do not need look up anywhere else when I need a boat.customer
- Sep 15, 2021Very competent staffVery competent staff, friendly, helpful and courteous.Josef
- Sep 10, 2021As usual all worked wellAs usual all worked well. The communication was clear, professional and on time....customer
- Sep 10, 2021I always had a great experience with Anna HorvathI always had a great experience with Boataround. The staff is really helpful, es...Tamas Gyorei
- Sep 10, 2021Everything was the bestEverything was the bestcustomer
- Sep 9, 2021Seamless bookingSeamless booking. Great offer. Very friendly contact.Andy G.
- Sep 8, 2021Excellent service from Boataorund 🙂Excellent service from Boataorund 🙂customer
- Sep 8, 20215 star for Boataround team.Than you so…5 star for Boataround team.Than you so much for the supportcustomer
- Sep 8, 2021Excellent service.Excellent service.customer
- Sep 7, 2021Great helpAnna Horvath was very helpful and prompt with finding and booking us a boat even...customer
- Aug 31, 2021MITON & BoataroundEverything is going well 👍🏻customer
- Aug 25, 2021charter simply and good !charter simply and good !Michael Giese
- Aug 24, 2021Excellent experiencePetra and her colleagues were very helpful and we had a lovely and hassle-free ...Customer
- Aug 23, 2021excellent service to date Grant Allanexcellent service to date Grant AllanGrant Allan
- Aug 20, 2021Propmt comunication and valuable…Propmt comunication and valuable approachcustomer
- Aug 19, 2021Excellent service securing the boat we…Excellent service securing the boat we wanted. Thank you!customer